Edmund Burke (1729-1797) was a British statesman and philosopher who is generally viewed as the founder of modern political conservatism. Although others have modified and made more famous his statement, it was Burke who originally said, “Those who don’t know history are destined to repeat it.”
The Greenwich Tea Party Patriots hosted a “Let Freedom Ring” rally in Woodstown, New Jersey on June 28, 2011. We just discovered video of Kitty Werthmann‘s remarks from that event, in which she recalls recent history that is far too important to not know.
Werthmann is President of the South Dakota Chapter of Eagle Forum. As a youngster, she endured seven years of Nazi rule living in Austria. Following World War II, she encountered life under Soviet occupation.
It’s a lengthy clip, but watch as Werthmann recalls her personal experiences with socialism:
Video of the entire rally is available here. Other featured speakers that day – also well worth a listen – included:
- Deneen Borelli , a Fox News contributor, director of outreach at FreedomWorks, and Fellow at Project 21, the National Leadership Network of Black Conservatives (@DeneenBorelli on Twitter)
- Dr. Tom Borelli, a Townhall.com contributor, frequent Fox News guest and senior fellow at FreedomWorks (@tomborelli on Twitter)
- Rosa Perez-Leonetti, state director at Smart Girl Politics
- Dr. Rick Scarborough, founder and president of Vision America
- Colin Hanna, president of Let Freedom Ring USA
Know history. It may help us all prevent repeating humanities biggest mistakes.