When you fly in the United States today, you must submit to un-Constitutional search (and possibly seizure) at the hands of the Transportation Security Agency (TSA). Here’s further proof that the TSA is being used to condition citizens to obey government authorities without question, and not so much for actual security of air travel.
Perhaps you manage to retain your dignity despite:
- passing through a metal detector or irradiation by a back-scatter machine (also known as a naked body scanner)
- removing your belt, shoes, jacket and emptying all your pockets (if the back-scatter machine is in use)
- sending your bags through an x-ray machine (but only after first removing electronic devices such as a laptop computer, and separating out any liquids or gels you might be carrying)
- suffering the sexual-assault-style groping of a “pat-down” by TSA staff, if you opt out of the back-scatter radiation or your scan raises their suspicions
- being engaged in a “chat-down,” where poorly trained TSA agents try to get you to converse with them so they can work up a psychological profile on you
After all that, TSA has invented a new way to invade your privacy, under the guise of security: testing the drink you are already sipping for explosive materials.
While waiting in the Columbus OH airport for our flight to Oakland, I couldn’t help but notice the two TSA women that were “testing” any and all liquids that people had in their hands. Now remember that this is inside the terminal, well beyond the security check and purchased inside the terminal…just people waiting to get on the plane. My wife and son came back from a coffee shop just around the corner, then we were approached. I asked them what they were doing. One of the TSA ladies said that they were checking for explosive chemicals (as we are drinking them). I said “really..inside the terminal? You have got to be kidding me”. I asked them if they wanted to swab us all. She responded with something like, yes sometimes we need to do that. I then asked if she wanted a urine sample…none the less, the TSA is way out of control. I understand that my ranting to one of these $11.00 per hour TSA goons probably does nothing, but you have to say something. What’s next…perhaps the TSA will come to your home prior to your drive to the airport? The police state of the US is OUT OF CONTROL!