Desperate to remain in power despite plummeting poll numbers and a weak economy, President Obama has decided to take swift, bold action. That’s correct: He will give yet another speech.
The Obama Regime issued their talking points in advance of the speech, which will be cut short to avoid offending Green Bay Packers and New Orleans Saints fans. The talking points, and a plain English translation:
According to Obama and his job-destroying, violence-inciting minions, The so-called “American Jobs Act”:
- is based on bi-partisan ideas (This means someone who isn’t a socialist or Marxist thought this might be a good idea.)
- is fully paid for by closing corporate tax loopholes and asking the wealthiest Americans to pay their fair share (This gives us an excuse to raise taxes.)
- will have an impact on job and economic growth NOW — just as soon as Congress acts. (The President has no responsibility whatsoever for actual results.)
- Every day, people in this country are working hard to meet their responsibilities. The question now is whether Washington will meet theirs. (Leftists, including the Obama Crew, believe it is the responsibility of the Federal government to create jobs.)
- The time for obstruction and gridlock is over. Congress needs to put country ahead of politics. (Anyone who opposes President Obama’s disastrous policies, or simply demands that the Federal government be limited by the U.S. Constitution, is an obstructionist.)
- The American people know that the economic crisis and the deep recession weren’t created overnight and won’t be solved overnight. The economic security of the American middle class has been under attack for decades. (Democrats have held political power in Washington for most of the last 60 years. Their progressive policies have nearly bankrupted the country. The problem cannot be addressed, much less solved, until Democrats no longer hold political power.)
- That’s why President Obama believes we need to do more than just recover from this economic crisis. (This statement, of course, tips the President’s hand as to his real agenda. The economic woes of America will be solved only when the American people give Obama more control – of everything.)
- The President is rebuilding the economy the American way — based on balance, fairness and the same set of rules for everyone from Wall Street to Main Street where hard work and responsibility pay and gaming the system is penalized. (The President is destroying the economy, in the Chicago way.)
- It’s an American economy that’s built to last and creates the jobs of the future, by forcing Washington to live within its means so we can invest in small business entrepreneurs, education, and making things the world buys, not outsourcing, loopholes and reckless financial deals that put middle class security at risk. (If only the Federal government could confiscate more of your money, President Obama would really be able to spread the wealth around better than he’s been able to so far.)
Hack politician talking points – regardless of the source – are nothing more than a disgustingly-transparent attempt at spin. Americans are sick and tired of sound-bite speak.
As for us, we’ll be watching the game, not the President’s latest campaign speech.